Privacy Act and Australian Privacy Principles
To ensure that we protect your privacy LMG Digital Media, as our minimum, complies with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Privacy Act) and the Australian Privacy Principals (APPs), which govern the way in which we manage your personal information. This policy, in accordance with the APPs, sets out how we collect, use, disclose and otherwise manage personal information about you.
Types of information collected:
We may collect and hold personal information about you, that is, information that can identify you, such as your name, address, email address, phone number, other contact details when you submit enquires or when we do work for you.
Purpose of collection
Generally, we will collect and use your personal information for one or more of the following reasons:
• To respond to the enquiry you have made;
• Providing services to you or someone else you know;
• Undertaking various activities required by law;
• Providing you with information about us; Facilitating our internal business operations, including the fulfilment of any legal requirements; and
• Analysing our services and customer needs with a view to developing new and/ or improved services
The personal information we collect about you is reasonably necessary for one or more of our functions.
Methods of collection
Generally we only collect your personal information if you have emailed us through an enquiry or called us to enquiry or request our services. Personal information may be collected directly from you through the internet, via email or through a telephone conversation with you.
Failure to provide information
If the information you provide to us is incomplete and/or inaccurate, we may be unable to provide you with the services you, or they, are seeking.
Use and Disclosure
Generally, we only use and disclose personal information about you for the purposes for which it was collected (as set out above) and for invoicing. Although, we may disclose personal information about you to service providers, who assist us in providing the services you have requested. All our service providers are located in Australia and they are also required to comply with the APPs if they are considered an entity under the Privacy Act.
We will only provide your information to our service providers or a court/tribunal when:
• We have your express or implied consent;
• It is necessary to disclose your information to provide the service you have requested;
• We are legally and reasonably obliged to assist or co-operate with agencies performing law enforcement related activities in the performance of their functions; or
• It is a ‘permitted general situation’ or ‘permitted health situation’ as required under the Privacy Act. Security We store your personal information using Cloud based storage systems. The security of your personal information is important to us. We take all reasonable measures to ensure that your personal information is stored safely to protect it from misuse, loss, unauthorized access, modification or disclosure, including electronic and physical security measures. Where LMG Digital Media has information which is no longer needed or no longer required to be used under Australian law, and it is not required by a court or tribunal, then reasonable steps to destroy or de-identify that personal information will be taken.
Access and Correction
You may access the personal information we hold about you, upon making a written request to the address indicated below. We will provide you with access to the information requested within a reasonable period after your request is made and we may charge you a reasonable fee for processing your request. We may also decline a request for access to personal information where we are of the opinion that your request falls within one of the grounds stated in Principle 12 of the APPs.
If, upon receiving access to your personal information or at any other time, you believe the personal information we hold about you is inaccurate, incomplete or out of date, please notify us immediately. We will take reasonable steps to correct the information so that it is accurate, complete, relevant, not misleading and up to date. If for any reason we refuse to correct your personal information as requested by you we will provide you with written reasons as to why we have chosen not to do so.
In the event you wish to have your personal information removed from our database you may do so by making a written request to us. We will remove your information within a reasonable time except if there are any outstanding issues relating to your relationship with us.
Links to other websites
Our web site may contain links to other web sites. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of linked web sites and so linked web sites are not subject to our privacy policies and procedures.
Inquires or Complaints
LMG Digital Media PO BOX 651 Ashmore City Qld 4214 Australia
Or email Wazza at email@example.com
For more information about privacy you can visit the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner’s web site at www.privacy.gov.au